Our History

In May, 1957, Trinity Church of Farmington Hills established a Parochial Mission in Novi, the Church of the Holy Nativity. At the request of Bishop Emrich, the name was changed to Church of the Holy Cross and services were conducted by a succession of Vicars in various locations. Holy Cross became a Parochial Mission of St. Andrew’s, Livonia, and, subsequently, of St. Paul’s Memorial, Detroit. Fr. Leslie Harding was called as Vicar of Holy Cross and St. Stephen’s in 1969. In 1972 Holy Cross was yoked to St. Anne’s, Walled Lake, as a Diocesan Mission. Fr. Harding retired as Vicar in June 2001. Holy Cross and St. Anne’s were then unyoked, with the late Fr. Fred Brunson serving as semi-permanent supply clergy during the search process. In 2002, the Diocese of Michigan designated Holy Cross a Strategic Redevelopment congregation, which enabled Holy Cross to call a Priest-in-Charge. Under the guidance of Bishop Gibbs, Fr. John Henry was called. Ultimately, Fr. Henry’s wife, The Rev. Karen Henry, became Priest in Charge of Holy Cross in October 2002. The Diocese purchased a nearby former church building from the Lutheran Synod and sold the original Holy Cross building to the Layman’s Evangelical Fellowship. In December, 2004, Holy Cross moved into this “new” building at our current location. The first service in the new building was on 3 Advent, December 12, 2004. Holy Cross continued to grow. In 2006, after almost 50 years as a Mission, Holy Cross petitioned for Parish status, which was granted at the Diocesan Convention in October, 2007. In May 2008, Fr. John Henry accepted a call to Albany, New York, and Pastor Karen left Holy Cross in June 2008. The Rev. Dr. Ray Babin served as Interim Rector while a search committee was formed and worked through the process of finding a new Rector. Late in 2009, The Rev. Ann Webber was called as the first Rector of Holy Cross, and began her ministry on January 1, 2010.
   
Mission Statement Rooted in Christ, Growing in Service, Branching out to All.
Sunday Worship - 8:00 am & 10:00 am
Sunday School & Nursery - 10:00 am
Thursday Centering Prayer at 9:30 am & Healing Service at 12 noon
40700 W. Ten Mile Rd Novi, Michigan 48375 USA
Teri Landreth - Office Manager
248 427-1175
Mon-Fri 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.